SKILLSOFT COMMUNITY RULES & ETIQUETTE AND PRIVACY GUIDELINES
Thank you for being part of the Skillsoft Communities (Learning Edge, Connect, and/or Partner Edge). To ensure the best possible experience for all members, we ask that you adhere to the rules and guidelines defined below.
By joining and using this community, you agree that you have read and will follow these rules and guidelines. In order to create a safe and sharing community of users, we reserve the right to suspend or terminate membership in this community for anyone who violates these rules. Questions should be directed to our Learning Edge administrators at firstname.lastname@example.org, or from the Contact Us link on this site.
- Respect others. Focus on the content of posts and not on the people making them. Please extend the benefit of the doubt to newer guests and members; there’s no such thing as a stupid question. Respect the purpose of the community. Use the community to share successes, challenges, feedback, questions, and goals related to your Skillsoft/SumTotal content, technology, and programs. , Do NOT share information on products or services that are not related to or are in competition with Skillsoft/SumTotal products and services.
- Use caution when discussing products. Information posted on the discussion groups and in the libraries is available for all to see, and comments are subject to libel, slander, and antitrust laws.
- All defamatory, abusive, profane, threatening, offensive, or illegal materials are strictly prohibited. Do not post anything that you would not want the world to see or that you would not want anyone to know came from you.
- Respect intellectual property. Only share content that you have personally created or have permission to use and have properly attributed to the content creator.
- When posting items to the Libraries, only post material that other users may alter for their own use.
- Post your message or documents only to the most appropriate communities. This helps ensure all messages receive the best response by eliminating "noise."
Discussion Group Etiquette
- Topic: State concisely and clearly the topic of your comments in the subject line. This allows members to respond more appropriately to your posting and makes it easier for members to search the archives by subject.
- Send messages such as "thanks for the information" or "me, too" to individuals, not to the entire list. Do this by using the "Reply to Sender" link in each message.
- Do not send administrative messages, such as ”please change my email address” to the discussions. Use your Profile settings to change any information as necessary.
- If you have any questions or comments on these rules, email email@example.com.
The Legal Stuff
This site is provided as a service for the members of Skillsoft Corporation. Skillsoft Corporation is not responsible for the opinions and information posted on this site by others. We disclaim all warranties with regard to information posted on this site, whether posted by Skillsoft Corporation or any third party; this disclaimer includes all implied warranties of merchantability and fitness. In no event shall Skillsoft Corporation be liable for any special, indirect, or consequential damages or any damages whatsoever resulting from loss of use, data, or profits, arising out of or in connection with the use or performance of any information posted on this site.
Do not post any defamatory, abusive, profane, threatening, offensive, or illegal materials. Do not post any information or other material protected by copyright without the permission of the copyright owner. By posting material, the posting party warrants and represents that he or she owns the copyright with respect to such material or has received permission from the copyright owner. In addition, the posting party grants Skillsoft Corporation and users of this site the nonexclusive right and license to display, copy, publish, distribute, transmit, print, and use such information or other material.
Messages should not be posted if they encourage or facilitate members to arrive at any agreement that either expressly or implied leads to price fixing, a boycott of another's business, or other conduct intended to illegally restrict free trade. Messages that encourage or facilitate an agreement about the following subjects are inappropriate: prices, discounts, or terms or conditions of sale; salaries; profits, profit margins, or cost data; market shares, sales territories, or markets; allocation of customers or territories; or selection, rejection, or termination of customers or suppliers.
Skillsoft Corporation does not actively monitor the site for inappropriate postings and does not on its own undertake editorial control of postings. However, in the event that any inappropriate posting is brought to the attention of Skillsoft Corporation we will take all appropriate action.
Skillsoft Corporation reserves the right to terminate access to any user who does not abide by these guidelines.